To submit a manuscript to i-com, please go to https://www.degruyter.com/journal/key/icom/html – since Volume 23, i-com is a Full/Golden Open Access journal – listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) – https://doaj.org/toc/2196-6826
We accept free submissions on topics with a strong HCI/CSCW focus any time.
Many issues of i-com are additionally dedicated to a topic. Current calls for manuscripts related to special issues are
- 2024/1: Special Issue on “CSCW – Past, Present and Future” – Submissions until December 2023
- 2024/2: Special Issue on “The Future of Human Computer Interaction” – Submissions until January 15th 2024
- 2024/3: Special Issue on “Robotic Systems for Healthcare” – Submissions until June 2024
- 2025/1: Special Issue on “Social Media” – Submissions until November 2024
If you are interested to propose a topic for a special issue (and are willing to help as guest editor for this special issue), please have a look at the information for (potential) guest editors and contact the editor in chief via email@example.com.
https://www.degruyter.com/journal/key/icom/html – Publishers journal homepage – with submission link
https://fb-mci.gi.de/ – Website of Special Interest Group on HCI in the German Computer Society (GI)
- I-COM Author guidelines (PDF)
- I-COM Editorial Policy (PDF)
- I-COM Publication Ethics Statement
- I-COM Information for (potential) Guest Editors – Special Issues (PDF)
You do not have to use a template for preparing your article submission (since the paper is finally layout via LaTeX by the production department) – but you might want to use the standard Word or LaTeX templates.
Article Processing Fees
Regarding Article Processing Fees the publisher is calling for published articles (currently 750 Euro per article): We have some sponsoring for this available – so, if your institution does not pay for APCs in Golden Open Access journals, do not hesitate to contact the Editor in Chief – We will find a way to cover the costs.